3 cups of bread, cubed
1 apple, cored and quartered
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
3 tomatoes, seeded and quartered
1 big carrot, sliced
1/2 cup black beans
2 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper, according to taste
shredded Parmesan (optional)
- Mix 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss the bread in this mixture, spread it on a sheet pan.
- Toast it in a 425ºF pre-heated oven for 10 min or until the bread turns golden brown and crunchy.
- In a salad bowl whisk in rest of the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Toss in the veggies, bread, beans and mix well until the dressing is evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan and serve.
A few things that can be added or substituted:
- Quartered hard boiled eggs
- Fresh mozzarella instead of Parmesan
- Basil instead of cilantro/parsley
- Veggies like bell pepper, roasted peppers, olives