Keeping up my promise of giving more recipes using mint pesto, here's a snack/appetizer that is easy to make, healthy but delicious. Any bread that you have on hand will work and for a more classic touch a baguette may be used.
Bruschetta with Mint pesto
6 slices of multi grain bread (any kind would do)
salt and pepper to taste
- Spread each slice with generous amount of mint pesto.
- Sprinkle with cheese (salt and pepper if required).
- Toast in a 400F pre-heated oven for 5-8 min or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut into pieces and serve warm.
I used a non-stick appam pan that I hauled all the way from India. Little did I know that it is available in many stores for around 20 dollars, only that it is called Aebleskiver pan rather than an appam pan.
1 cup corn meal
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 small onion
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin (Jeera)
1 tsp fennel (saunf)
1 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
3/4 cup buttermilk or as required
2 tbsp cashew nuts or peanuts
salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients well. Add buttermilk as necessary to get a thick batter.
- Heat an appam pan and grease well with oil (Normally just a few drops in each slot is just sufficient).
- Pour batter in each slot and cook on a medium heat for few min or until one side is browned.
- Turn over to the other side and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or chutney.